Here we are again for another Friday Five hosted by Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up for What? for hosting the Friday Five link-up!
Five Brands I love
1. Athleta – I think this should be a given being as I love their running pants, winter jacket, running vest, and basically anything that I buy from them. Yes, they do cost more but they are worth it. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for and with Athleta you are getting top quality. Plus they have the best return policy I know.
2. Savory Spices – Yes, I know this is a running blog. That being said it is important to fuel your body with tastey and healthy food to keep it going. Love, love, love their spices. It is a great way to flavor your food without added fat. Although, I admit that I may have a Spice problem, but I think there are worse problems to have;)
3. Trek – I felt so much of a difference when I switched to my Trek bike for my Tri’s. NO, I do not have the top of the line Trek. I don’t even have the middle of the line, but I know that it has made a huge difference in my biking. Maybe one day I will upgrade, but for now I’m good.
4. Gu – you either love them or you hate them. To me, I’m in the love them category and I like them to refuel. They are easy to take, tastey too. I don’t care how good something is to fuel me on a long workout, if I can’t eat it. Personal favorites are Caramel and Strawberry/banana. Yummy!
5. North Face – They have some really great products and by far my favorite running bra. Fits comfy. Small storage pocket. Double layered. No chaffing. What more could a girl ask for?
What are your top Five?
Can’t wait to see….
So this week as I said I would do, I climbed back on the wagon.
Yesterday was a rest day and I took full advantage of it too. I figured the best way to start off on the right foot is with not necessarily pretty feet but good feet.. It’s been a hard winter and my feet showed it. I’ve also been majorly overdo for a pedicure too and my feet showed it. Normally they ask if you want callouses removed. This time it wasn’t phrased as a question but a statment.
I felt bad for the girl who practically had to use a hacksaw to fix my feet.
I think her expression reflects the level of duress that she was under! I think she should have been wearing a hazmat suit. Don’t look too closely at this picture as you may loose your lunch. Also my legs are wrapped and that is why they look they way they do. I’m just glad the chairs next to me were empty! Don’t worry, I tipped well.
She did a great job and now my feet are ready to begin my training.
Yes, even Finn will now sit at my feet:)
And Yes, I snuck in a picture of my dog.
Since I’m trying to modify my training not just to alleviate boredom but also to try to keep over training injuries at bay, today I did 6 miles on the bike at the gym and some abs. Can’t wait for the streets to be clear of snow as I really do need to train more on my actual bike. Last year, I felt very uncomfortable with my bike at both Triathlons that I did. I was not fluid and felt out of step. I need more bike time to fix that. It was a hard decision not to run today because it really is so nice out, but if I’m going to have a plan I really should follow it.
Tomorrow, hopefully, swimming. I haven’t done that in a LOOOOONG time. I need to check the pool schedule and then see what happens.
What do you do to keep your training interesting?
Who ever said biking way easy, obviously never took a Spin class. I entered the dark domain of Spinners. I’ve heard the music. I’ve heard the yelling and the strange calls coming from within. I’ve even seen them emerge dripping in sweat, but never entered. One of my best friends who is one of those obsessed spinners was so excited that I was going and she doesn’t even live near me. Me not so. But I figured since I haven’t had a chance to get my actual bike ready for riding that I should start training with spinning.
I’ve got one word to describe a spinning class…… Intense. It is nothing like riding your bike around town. It is more like riding your bike up a huge mountain peak dragging a block of wood. I knew enough from my friend to make sure to get there early to set up my bike. She further instructed me the rules of spinning, “You don’t take anyone else bike and you don’t cheat.” Well I did the first and tried to do the second without much luck. Apparently, there really is not cheating in spinning. Hmmm….
So, I’m there with my water bottle, my towel, and my bike all set up. I’m thinking that even though it’s intense, I’ll be ok. I almost didn’t make it off the mountain. I though I was doing good and I really didn’t think I was taking it easy on myself either. Apparently, though I wasn’t pushing myself as hard as I was supposed to. These instructor likes to go around and push you even further. I must have a very expressive face because after he did mine, I looked at him. My thoughts must have been loud and clear because he laughed and said, “I love you too honey.” Oops, I’ll have to work on my cover up next time.
After class my legs felt like jello, my butt was numb, and I looked like I had stepped out of the shower. My girlfriend has assured me that means I’m doing good. Not to sure about that, but I will be back for more this Thursday. Oh, the exciting life of training.
Live, Laugh, Love