I’ve been thinking a decent amount about what I would like to accomplish in 2016. The more I think about it, the more I think I’m going to simplify and streamline my goals this year. While I LOVED the Bib a month challenge, I don’t want to put that type of pressure on myself to have to do an event. This is not to say that I won’t be doing events, I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
So what do I want to do?
Speed has always been my problem. I’d like to say it’s my little legs as I’m only 5 foot 2, but that really is a cop out. I think I need to go out of my comfort zone and push myself this year. I mean really push myself as there have been times after an event I wanted to kick myself because I felt like I could have done more. So this year, I hope to do that. I hope to push myself to the point where it’s uncomfortable.
- My first big event of the year will be the New York City Half Marathon. I’m going to throw the gauntlet down and say that I would like to do this race as a sub 2:00 event. I don’t care if it is 1:59:59, I really want this. I hear amazing things about this course. I know NY crowds are awesome. So this is the place I want to do it at.
- Then I plan to build my endurance up and slow down to train for the Dirty German 50K which I already signed up to do in May. I have no time goal for this, other than I want to finish it. I want to have fun with it and I don’t want to die doing it. Seems like a good goal to me:)
- Last year I didn’t run a lot of 5K’s. This year since I’m not chasing the 9 plus 1, I would like to do more. Since I’m already chasing a sub 2 half, I would like to see if I could chase that 25 minute 5K. We will see. We will see.
- Then lastly, I want to run the NYCM STRONG. I want to finish this race knowing that I gave it all I got and couldn’t do anymore. Ideally, I would like to do this in 4:30 WITHOUT walking. I don’t know why the walking bothers me, but it does since it is not part of my plan.
- Lastly, I want to stay healthy. I want to reach these goals without injury or pain outside of the normal pain that comes with running these distances.
- Oh and while doing all of this, run 1000 miles again for the year:)
I think that is enough for this year.
I think that is more than enough for this year!
What are your 2016 goals?