5 Ways to Share the Running Love
To me these transfer to life too!
1. Be Inspiring – What I mean by this is just do the best that you can on any given day. The best way to inspire people is to walk the walk or in this case Run the Run. Be it a run around the park, a 5K, a 10K, a Half, a Full. What ever it is make it the best run you can have.
2. Be Authentic – Don’t try to be anyone else. The world is full of other people. What the world needs is you to be you. If you are a fast runner, run fast. If you are a slow runner, run slow. If you are in between, that’s fine too! Life would be boring if we were all the same. Running would be boring if we all ran the same race. Be who you were meant to be and that is inspiring enough.
3. Be Happy – Yes, I know that there are things in life that are sad, depressing, and sometimes things don’t work out. Yes, I know that there are runs that are sad, depressing, and sometimes don’t work out. That being said, everyday is a gift. Every run is a gift. There are things in life and running that we just can’t change. Don’t focus on those things. Focus on the positive things, embrace them, and Be Happy.
4. Encourage Others – There is a saying about strong women building each other up. It’s true. Another woman’s success does not take away from your accomplishments. We are all in this together and should have each others backs! You never know what your encouraging word can do to inspire someone. Besides there is too much negativity in the world without adding to it!
5. Be Proud of your Accomplishments – Now, I don’t mean walk around with your medals all the time. Although, I will admit that I will bring them to school pick-up after a big event to show my friends. I don’t mean brag about it to every person you see either, although that is sometimes tempting. I mean let your light shine.
Sing it with me now,
This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine
let it shine
let it shine
(Admit it, you sang it)
How can we inspire others if we hid away what we are doing? You can’t. So be proud of your hard work. Share your hard won accomplishments, your goals, and what you are doing.
Now, your turn…
I’m going to ask you to share the Running Love with me now too:)
I wrote about this is my Blog Post Dreaming The Dream Until I can’t Dream It Anymore. I’m not your typical runner. I don’t have the runner’s body (what ever that is). I wasn’t athletic ever, but I’ve become a runner along the way. I have a passion for it. I have a need for it. I love to share it. So I think to myself, why couldn’t I win to be on the cover of Runner’s World. Wouldn’t it be cool if just your average running mom made the cover? So, please vote for me here.