The beauty of Running is that there really are just so many ways to do it. Today was a trail run day. I needed ten and my cohort needed nine. We ended up with a happy medium of 9 1/2 miles on the trail.
Road running is so different than running on a treadmill. That being said trail running is so different than running on the road. Each has its own challenges and perks. Each pushes you in a different way.
These are the perks of running on the trail!
- Have a Map
- Plan on running much slower than you would on a road run
- Don’t scream when another trail runner whizzes by with dogs
- Run with a friend you not only like but who also is a compatible runner
- Stay on your trail
- Don’t fall and if you do, don’t get hurt.
- Enjoy the beauty of it.
- Bring change of shoes for the end
- Go for Dunkin Donuts when done.