Danger, Will Robertson, Danger!
(Am I the only one old enough to remember where that came from?)
Anyway consider yourself warned!
Today’s Friday 5 hosted by Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up for What?
Now, it would have been helpful to me to look ahead to see what today’s post was going to be about and then I could have taken actual snapshots during the week. Since I didn’t do that, I am going to just go with 5 Fitness Snapshots.
1. This photo goes way back. Back to before I even signed up for my first race. This goes back to the beginning of this fitness journey. This is from the Bootcamp class I started that gave me the courage to sign up for my first Triathlon. This was the beginning….
2. This is the bike that I bought to ride in my first Triathlon. I thought I was going to be one and done, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I am promising to train with it more this year when the roads clear and spring comes. It is a great low impact leg workout and I do need to get more comfortable in the saddle.
3. This is a scary, scary picture, but it is hard to look both perky and good after a 90 minute session of Bikram Yoga in a 116 degree room. I don’t know if I would enjoy yoga as much without the heat and knowing me, probably not. I like the intensity that the heat gives the yoga. I’ve also promised to do yoga more this year as I need more balance and flexibility in my life and body:)
4. Strength training. Although I am sadly resigned to temporarily giving up the intensity of Crossfit, this does not mean that I will give up working with weights. There is something to be said for pumping iron and if you’ve never tried it you should. My goal is to lift weights at least twice a week.
5. This is an obvious one….. Running. This year I’m focusing on time which means that these legs and feet are going to have to push it to their limits. It will be an amazing adventure to see how far they can take me.
What did you do this week?
i ran, took a lot of pure barre classes and had two PT sessions 🙂 thanks for linking up!
Busy week! I am planning to do an early cold morning run tomorrow! I’ll post the photo on instagram:)
I need to do something other than run. Kudos for doing strength, biking and yoga. And yes I’m old enough to remember Lost in Space.
Good to know that I’m not alone in remembering such a dumb show!!! If you only have time to add one to your training, go for yoga! Helps to get the kinks out:)
I really need to do more strength training with actual weights (and not just bodyweight stuff or small weights like barre) and your snapshot reminded me of that! This week I’m all about variety though!