So First, I’m going to start with this five. Hello, my name is Christine and it’s been 5 days since my last run. I have a problem. My problem isn’t my foot. My problem is that it has been 5 days since my last run. I’m not sure how much longer I should/can hold out.
For those wanting to know about my foot/ankle: Overall the foot is getting better and only has discomfort now not pain. Still tender to the touch and bruised but those are things that take the longest to get better anyway. Not 100%, but I think it’s fine. I may possibly try to run on a treadmill tomorrow just to test it out. Yeah, that’s the story I’m going with. That sounds reasonable.
It really is reasonable too, because my thought process is that if it does bother me to run I can just stop and not have to run home like I did the night I twisted my foot running.
So my Five today is 5 ways runners go crazy when they can’t run.
- They see other runners on the street and feel pangs of jealousy.
- They Google their problem that is keeping them from running not to make themselves better, but to get back into their running shoes.
- “It’s fine” becomes a catch phrase.
- Even though it has only been days, they feel like they are behind the eight ball and are loosing stamina by the minute.
- They keep track of how many days it has been since a run.
If none of these apply to you, then you are better at dealing with not running than me.
How do you cope?