Friday Five Link-up with by Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up for What?
Favorite Fruits and Veggies
We all know that we should eat more fruits and veggies, but there is something about fresh summer fruits and veggies that make it so much easier!
Last year, I had them delivered from a place called Just Farmed. It was great. Every week, I got a box of fresh veggies from NJ, PA, and some NY farms. We are going to be gone a lot this summer, so I’m not planning on doing it, but there is always the local Farmer’s Market.
1. Fresh Corn – If your from Jersey, there is nothing better than fresh farm corn.
2. Strawberries – Their season is short, but it is worth the wait. There is no comparison to the fresh picked on the farm summer strawberry. It is nothing like the strawberry that you get in the supermarket.
3. Blueberries – If you ever get a chance to go blueberry picking, go. First of all it’s fun. Second of all, you leave with a basket of the yummiest freshest blueberries imaginable.
I do believe this counts as a serving of fruit too!
4. Fresh Summer Peaches – just those three words gets your mouth watering thinking of the juiciest peach that only summer brings.
5. Tomatoes – I love vine ripened tomatoes. Growing up my grandmother used to slice them. Then put them on bread with mayo and a pinch of salt. So good!
I wonder how many of us love the same summer fruits?
I think our lists our pretty similar!
Yes they are:)
Love me some fresh grown tomatoes. After all of these posts, I’m feeling the need to hit the farmer’s market this weekend to see if anyone has some good ones yet.
I know! My mouth was watering thinking about them. Sometimes I like to just some them and eat them right off the plate.
Love love love fresh Jersey corn. That was my absolute favorite thing about living there for a couple years!
There really is something about it! Ice tried fresh farm corn from other States and it’s just not the same.
I never went blueberry picking but I hear it is way cheaper doing it this way and you get alot more.
It is MUCH cheaper! You just have to be prepared for all the yummy blueberries you will eat:). Also they do freeze well.
I love all of these! We used to grow strawberries in the backyard, and there was nothing better!
I’ve never grown my own. I bet they were awesome!
yes to all of these!! some of my favorites 🙂
I love peaches but wish someone else would peel and pit them. I’m not good at that! The slices end up looking all mangled.
Yes, they are messy but so worth it:)
oh yes. i love your whole list. my parents are both from jersey so i know that sweet summer jersey corn well 🙂
Right! There is just something to Jersey corn. Can’t wait for it to show up at the Farmers Market.
Blueberries are my favorite – I can’t get enough!
Good thing they are so good for you:)