Getting in under the wire with my Friday Five Link up. Thanks to Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up for What? for hosting the Friday Five link-up!
Five Five: Five Spring Foods
I really had to think about this because to me there are warm Fall meals, hearty Winter meals, and light Summer meal; but Spring meals? Not really. Upon closer inspection, I did realize that there are things that are unique to Spring.
1. Hard Boiled Eggs – AKA Easter Eggs. I have 3 boys and each one loves to color eggs. Doesn’t matter how old you are because it is always fun to color eggs. Each one gets a dozen eggs. That’s a lot of eggs. I use them for a nice recovery snack after a workout.
2. Cadburry Eggs – no these are not necessary nor do they speed up recovery, but I have to have at least one a season. My favorite is the caramel eggs. I will also admit that I usually have more than one a season. Shhhhhh
3. Ham – We always have ham for Easter. Doesn’t everyone? I wonder why…. Either way it is not Easter without a ham on the table. What is on your table for Easter?
4. Anything on the grill! Spring is when we clean off the grill and fire up the barbeque. There is something to be said about the first grill cooked meal too.
5. Frozen Yogurt – Once the weather starts warming up, it is such a nice treat to have on a warm Spring night.
So my list isn’t necessarily a what should you eat in Spring if you want to be healthy, but it is all very Yummy:)
ham is totally an Easter food! soooo good, too!
Right! Couldn’t imagine Easter without it.
OMG – Cadbury Creme Eggs are my secret indulgence too! I bought a 4-pack at the grocery store last weekend and ate them all on the car ride home, lol
I feel better now:)
I haven’t made colored eggs since I was young. I used to like making them around Easter.
Try it. It’s still fun:)
Try them this year. Just as fun!