Five Five: Five Spring Foods
I really had to think about this because to me there are warm Fall meals, hearty Winter meals, and light Summer meal; but Spring meals? Not really. Upon closer inspection, I did realize that there are things that are unique to Spring.
1. Hard Boiled Eggs – AKA Easter Eggs. I have 3 boys and each one loves to color eggs. Doesn’t matter how old you are because it is always fun to color eggs. Each one gets a dozen eggs. That’s a lot of eggs. I use them for a nice recovery snack after a workout.
2. Cadburry Eggs – no these are not necessary nor do they speed up recovery, but I have to have at least one a season. My favorite is the caramel eggs. I will also admit that I usually have more than one a season. Shhhhhh
3. Ham – We always have ham for Easter. Doesn’t everyone? I wonder why…. Either way it is not Easter without a ham on the table. What is on your table for Easter?
4. Anything on the grill! Spring is when we clean off the grill and fire up the barbeque. There is something to be said about the first grill cooked meal too.
5. Frozen Yogurt – Once the weather starts warming up, it is such a nice treat to have on a warm Spring night.
So my list isn’t necessarily a what should you eat in Spring if you want to be healthy, but it is all very Yummy:)