Friday Five Link-up with
5 Fall Races!
Well I’ve actually got only 5 Fall races on my schedule and then I’m going to call it a day!
No, I’m not going to hang up my running shoes, but I might let them collect a little more dust than they have right now which is zip,
I’m ending hopefully on a high note with the Marine Corps Marathon and then going to dial it back
At least as far back as I dial things back.
I will cross that bridge when I get there, but here are my 5 Fall Races
- September 13, 2015 Iron Girl Sandy Hook Sprint Triathlon – Yup, this one is right around the corner. Nope, I’m really not prepared for it. Ok, I am ready for the run, but not much else. I haven’t really been on my bike in a while. I’ve been swimming off and on. That being said and I quote my coach said, “You can do this one in your sleep.” HA HA HA!!!! Actually, I am not worried as I am doing this one for fun. I just love this even. I’ve done it twice before and it is just such a great day. So as unprepared as I am, I’m going for it. I’ll keep you posted.
- September 27, 2015 NYRR Bronx 10 miles – This one will be number 8 NYRR race for my required 9. I’ve done another Bronx run and it was fun. The best part is that I will be going in with my fellow Mama runners and I’m sure it will be a great day.
- October 4, 2015 Paine to Pain Trail HM – This one Dawn did last year and talked me into doing. I signed up eons ago. I love running trails and I’ve been missing my running buddy, so this should be another great event.
- October 11, 2015 NYRR Staten Island Five Borough Series Half – Hooray!! This will be my final check required in my 9+1 which will guarantee me entry to the NYCM for 2016!!!!!!
- October 25, 2015 Marine Corp Marathon – This is the race that I will end my year on (maybe). This was the race that by some luck I was picked in the lottery to run. Still amazed at that. The more I read about this race, the more I know that it will be an amazing experience that I will never forget. I can’t wait to run it (which will mean marathon training is over!!!!). Being as I have always wanted to go to Washington DC and never have, I think that this will be an amazing way to see the “sights.” I know I will need to remind myself more than once that I need to run and not stop for photos. Can’t wait!
What 5 Races are you doing this fall?